Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Delino DeShields, 2000 Fleer Tradition #372

Since today is 1-1-11, I thought that I should turn to #11, Delino DeShields. Not only is it the first day of the new year, but it's also the third anniversary of the first-ever post on this blog. I had no idea when I started this blog whether I would be able to stay focused on writing every day. Three years and no end in sight. 1,096 posts and many more to come. Thanks for stopping by, and for sticking around. Let's make 2011 a great year.

4 comments:

Goose Joak said...

Man, I forgot all about Delino DeShields. I feel like I always had an inflated opinion about how good he was.

Either way, that early 90s Expos team was just crazy good.

PeteLevin said...

I don't often leave a comment, but checking out your blog has become a daily ritual for me. Keep up the good work!

night owl said...

Happy Anniversary, even if you did post a Delino DeShields card.

Kevin said...

Dave - I used to love playing as the 1993 Expos on Ken Griffey Jr. baseball. DeShields was rated so fast that I bunted with him almost all of the time and had a 60% hit rate.

Pete - Thanks!

Greg -Thank you, and sorry to rub salt in the wound. You can post a Steve Finley card if you wish to retaliate. Glenn Davis is our Delino.