Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Brian Roberts, 2004 Upper Deck USA Baseball #152

This card stretches the boundaries of an Orioles card, but it's my favorite player and my blog so I'm going to run with it. Picked this up a few weeks ago, and I'm glad to add it to my player collection. According to the bio on the back, Brian Roberts played 21 of a possible 26 games for the 1997 USA Baseball National Team. Though they had a disappointing fourth-place finish at the Intercontinental Cup in Spain, Brian performed well with a .330 batting average.

Incidentally, Roberts just broke down and joined Twitter under the name 1brianroberts. To my knowledge, Adam Jones (THE_ADAM_JONES) is the only other O's player out there tweeting. So be sure to follow both if that's your kind of thing!

No comments: