Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Eric Davis, 1998 Pacific Omega #30

On my Saturday afternoon away from the Internet, I give you this 1998tastic triptych with its 33% foil saturation. One assumes that the designers at Pacific were big Star Wars fans, and that they wondered what it would look like if Eric Davis and his baseball-playing contemporaries had been captured by Jabba the Hutt and frozen in carbonite. Oh, and if you think the Omega base cards are tough on the eyes, you ain't seen nothing yet: there were red-foil parallels. Only one collector ever attempted to complete the parallel set, and he soon went mad and stabbed his way through a crowded K-mart. Okay, maybe not...but you can imagine if it were so, right?

2 comments:

night owl said...

There were some really atrocious-looking cards in the late '90s.

Kevin said...

Night Owl - Yep, I think I've only scratched the surface. Eventually I'll get my hands on some Topps Tek.