Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Friday, April 9, 2010

Vintage Fridays: Brooks Robinson, 1960 Leaf #27

It's been a long time coming, but today the Orioles are finally home again. Brad Bergesen is on the mound in Camden Yards for the first time since last July, the beer is cold, the crab cakes are hot, and Brooks Robinson and Boog Powell are throwing out the first pitch(es). I won't be there myself, but I'm going to Sunday's game as a guest of MASN and the Orioles for the second annual Blogger Day. It's going to be a fine weekend.

3 comments:

drew said...

I like the halo effect: Saint Brooks of the Hot Corner.

Kevin said...

drew - Yeah, a lot of people malign the mugshot look of 1960 Leaf, but it's so different that I sort of dig it.

Freddy said...

What a gorgeous photo and great smile. Class act all round.