Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rocky Coppinger, 1996 Leaf Preferred #120

Did you ever have one of those days where you're just restless? Today I just feel like a caged animal. I wanted to be anywhere but where I was. The day seemed to crawl by, and I would have much rather been at the beach, or my family's lakeside cottage, or off with my friends somewhere. I had an urge to plunge headlong into something productive, like working on my new house. I had a dangerous notion to spend some money - baseball card binge, anyone? My mind was working a mile a minute, but not in any particular direction.

Naturally, the day just crawled by.

That's a one-off Tuesday in April for you. The weather is getting nice, but vacation season is still five or six weeks away. There aren't any holidays to offer a day's reprieve, and I can't get into my house this week because the floors are drying after being stained. I can't exactly lose myself in the Orioles - not when they're 2-12 and their current series in Seattle brings 10 PM start times - and the NFL Draft won't be filling the void until Thursday night.

Like Rocky Coppinger, I'm just waiting to be called into the game.

4 comments:

Jonathan @ RGB Cards said...

Don't knock the Rock!

(I know you weren't)

Oh Rocky, whatever happened to you? Your rookie season showed much promise, but it was all downhill from there...

Kevin said...

Jonathan - Somewhere (like Norfolk), Brad Bergesen is nodding.

Orioles Magic said...

That is a blah picture for a "preferred" card.

Kevin said...

Ryan - Sadly, sometimes a set name is just a name.