Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rick Sutcliffe, 1993 Fleer #552

Tonight, the Orioles attempted to desperately change their luck by wearing their bright orange batting practice jerseys during the game. They match the pumpkin-hued t-shirts with Matt Wieters' name and number on the back that were given out to the crowd, but they're notable for another reason. Setting aside throwback uniforms, I believe this is the first time that the O's have donned orange jerseys in a regular-season game since 1992. Now that I've watched an absolute gem by Brian Matusz go up in smoke, I'm wondering if we'll ever see them again.

Before I could publish, Luke Scott hit a two-run homer in the bottom of the eighth to tie it back up. This team is exhausting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They will be wearing the orange jerseys every t-shirt Tuesdays.

FreeTheBirds said...

I'm going this afternoon and it will be my third game of the year. I'm already throwing in the towel, I hate to say it. I don't see them recovering from this deficit they've put themselves in, even if they do play respectable baseball the rest of the way. The "there are still X number of games left" excuse has already run its course.

I originally predicted a 75+ win fourth place season. However, we are now 1-7 against the weaker half of the division. I sure hope I'm wrong, Roberts will be back eventually as will Uehara and those bats have got to wake up at some point. Right?

Kevin said...

Anon - So I've heard. I'm fine with it, but I know how superstitious players can be.

FTB - Ouch, you saw a rough one today. Simple probability says they won't be this bad all season...but I'm not crazy about seeing how close they come to it.