Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mike Linskey, 1992 Fleer #663

I am once again pleasantly surprised by the reach of this blog. More than two and one-half years ago, I wondered what had become of former Orioles prospect Mike Linskey. Some 31 months later, Mike himself dropped in and left a comment on that blog post to provide a first-person perspective.

"Nuke" (he self-identified as such) lives in Houston these days; perhaps he's neighbors with Bob the Commish? He's remained active in baseball, coaching an elite team of ten year-olds. He also videotapes amateur pitchers for the Just Wright baseball academy. Mike confirms that his career was derailed by a back injury suffered during his first big league camp that robbed him of velocity. In his own words, he spent three years in the San Diego organization "before becoming an old man at 28 in baseball years".

I'd like to thank Mike Linskey for sharing a bit of his story with me and the readers of this blog.

2 comments:

Commishbob said...

He lives on a golf course my son and I have played several times. It's about 15 minutes north of me so, yes, I guess he's my neighbor!

Kevin said...

Bob - We're all neighbors, right? It's just a matter of scale.