Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dave Johnson, 1991 Upper Deck #299

Alright, time's running short tonight and I wore myself out throwing together the Jimmy Piersall post for my 1965 Topps blog, so we're doing a little show and tell here. This is the third of four autographs that I got at Oriole Park at Camden Yards two weeks ago. You should recognize Dave Johnson (even if the signature seems to read "J Jegs"), who got a lot of mileage out of his 21 career wins for his hometown team and has found a second career as a radio and TV analyst for the O's who wears his heart on his sleeve. He is also hoping to be part of the second-ever father-son duo to pitch for the Orioles (the John O'Donoghues came first), if his son Steven can continue to climb the organizational ladder. Thanks for the ink, Dave!

No comments: