Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Eddie Murray, 1988 Topps Woolworth Baseball Highlights #5


Today is a great day for celebration! Not only is it the 54th birthday of the Patron Saint of the Chopstache, Death Glare, and Monster Home Run, Mr. Eddie Clarence Murray, but I also finally made it through settlement. Today, I am officially a homeowner. I won't be moving for a few weeks yet, and there are renovations and touch-ups to be done and furniture to be bought before it is truly something of my own, but I'm pretty excited to start getting things done after months of torturous paperwork and lending legalese and delays. I'm ready to step into the box and take my swings.

If you're curious, it's also the 37th birthday of minor league veteran and Canadian hero Stubby Clapp. Many happy returns, Stubby!

4 comments:

jacobmrley said...

Stubby > Steady Eddie

Commishbob said...

I generally ignored baseball for a large chunk of the late 90s/early 00s. And I truly regret missing the Stubby Clapp Era.

Congrats Kevin. I remember closing on my first home and wondering if I would ever have to stop signing my name to stuff.

Eddie cards are always a great sight to see when clicking here. Thanks.

Kevin said...

Max - When you go by Stubby, you don't need to rhyme with anything.

Bob - Bud Selig is petitioning to have that time period redubbed the Stubby Clapp Era. Has a better ring to it than the Steroid Era.

jacobmrley said...

Stubby is on a page with my favorite three nicknames of all time: Gookie, Cookie, and Mookie (Dawkins, Lavagetto, and Wilson). You can also find Boof, Puddin' Head, Shootie, and Dick Pole on that page. I should scan it for the girls at DC.