Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Adam Jones, 2014 Topps #398

My wife Janet knows what I like, which is why I found an Easter basket this morning filled with goodies: dark chocolate bars, a Daniel Bryan WWE action figure, and a repack box with ten unopened packs of baseball cards of recent vintage. This Adam Jones card emerged from a pack of 2014 Topps Series Two, and I've been so negligent in acquiring new cards that I'm fairly certain it's a new addition to my collection. Tomorrow Adam will patrol center field for the Orioles on Opening Day for the eighth consecutive year, which hardly seems possible. With Nick Markakis now wearing the navy blue and red of the Braves, Jones and tomorrow's starting pitcher Chris Tillman are the elder statesmen here in Baltimore. I'm glad to have them here, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

No comments: