Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Chris Hoiles, 1994 Topps Finest Pre-Production #141

It's been a very busy weekend, so this will be a quick hit. I've had an authentic gray Orioles road jersey for a few years now, but left the name and number blank. "Baltimore" on the front, nothing on the back. Recently, inspiration struck. I want Chris Hoiles' name and number 23 on the back of that jersey. I never see my fellow O's fans representing the team's power hitting backstop when I go down to Camden Yards, and I'd like to do something about that. Cal Ripken, Eddie Murray, Adam Jones, and Nick Markakis are all already well represented. I'd like to go back to my roots a bit.

No comments: