Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Cal Ripken, Jr., 2013 Topps Allen and Ginter Across the Years #ATY-CRJ

I may have a self-imposed embargo on buying new Topps products, but group breaks are a-okay. That's fortunate, since it allowed me to get an Allen and Ginter fix from Tribe Cards' group break. David's box produced four Orioles base cards (Manny Machado, Adam Jones, Chris Davis, and Cal Ripken, Jr.), a Jim Johnson black-bordered mini parallel, and this Cal Junior Across the Years insert. I'm quite grateful to have it, because now I know that the Iron Man shares his August 24 birthday with Dave Chappelle, Kenny "R2D2" Baker, and Vince McMahon. That's pretty heady company, if you ask me.

2 comments:

--David said...

Thanks for playing along! That is a sweet Ripken, man!

Kevin said...

David - Any time! Somehow I missed the boat on your season-long group break, so I couldn't pass up this one.