Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Boog Powell, 2004 Upper Deck Timeless Teams #61

I hope that all of you have had as enjoyable a Christmas as I have. I woke up at 8:30 (comparably late for me on Christmas morning), and joined my family in the living room for gift exchanges. Everyone liked their gifts, and I did well myself. There were a few CDs and DVDs, some nice sweaters (though it was surprisingly too warm to wear them today), and of course the Orioles stuff:

-John Eisenberg's oral history of the team, From 33rd Street to Camden Yards, featuring interviews from everyone from Boog Powell to Earl Weaver to Elrod Hendricks to Jim Palmer, and everyone else who ever had anything to do with the Birds.

-Courtesy of my sister, a four-game mini-plan for my dad and myself for 2009, including Opening Day against the Yankees. In the interest of fairness, I hereby promise not to bring batteries to toss at Mark Teixeira. We're a classier bunch here in Baltimore, compared to his new hometown fans in the Bronx.

-And of course, a brand-new 2009 Orioles road jersey, with "Baltimore" across the chest. It's really happening, folks.

Okay, time to digest dinner and dessert and decompress. Take care, folks.

No comments: