Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, April 22, 2013

Tsuyoshi Wada, 2012 Topps Heritage High Numbers #H577

Alright, here's the sheepish confession portion of my Amazon purchase review. I bought the 2012 Topps Heritage High Numbers team set for the Orioles, five cards in all, from a dealer at a fairly ridiculous markup of $20. Now I have Tsuyoshi Wada, who has yet to throw a pitch in a regular-season game more than a year into his O's contract, staring back at me with his dead, Photoshop-filtered eyes. Four dollars for THIS card? But I don't regret it at all.

$20 for the team set is still better in my mind than $100 for the entire 100-card high-number set, because Topps did not get my money. I still got the cards that I really would have wanted from their "online exclusive" set, and since I used gift money, I can tell myself that I didn't really spend that tender anyhow. Now I never have to waste another thought on the latest wretched cash grab from the monopoly-holders over at ToppsTown.

At least until they do the same damn thing with 2013 Heritage.

No comments: