Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sammy Sosa, 2005 Upper Deck MVP #79

Here's my makeup post for yesterday. It features a player who accomplished many great things in his career, regardless of the questionable means he used to do so. Sammy Sosa was a seven-time All-Star, an MVP, and the second man to ever to hit 62 home runs. He topped Roger Maris' former single-season record three times in four years and only six players all-time have exceeded his total of 609 home runs. But I feel that I accomplished something even greater yesterday: I finally painted my bathroom.

It took most of my Saturday, required the help of a more ambitious friend, and left me feeling like I could use some of Slammin' Sammy's pharmaceuticals, but at long last all of the walls in my inner sanctum are one color...and that color is no longer a frightening bright institutional mint green. Eat your heart out, Sosa.

No comments: