Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Lee Lacy, 1986 O-Pee-Chee #226

I really wish that the Memorial Stadium left field scoreboard was in-focus behind Lee Lacy. I'd like to know what was going on in Baltimore on that particular day in 1985. Were they advertising an upcoming series against Don Mattingly and the Yankees? Maybe giving details on a seat cushion promotional giveaway? Or reminding fans not to mess with Earl Weaver's tomato plants? The possibilities are endless.

2 comments:

Commishbob said...

I remember that day. The sign said "Don't be alarmed, the team WILL NOT be wearing those crappy softball jerseys in tonight's game."

Let's Find H-Man A Wife said...

Worked for the Birds (1983-87). I was asked to bring Lacy to the bullpen for autographs. Instead he gave me the finger. Nice guy.