Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

J. J. Hardy, 2012 Topps Opening Day #41

Another night, another win, another first-place tie. My sister and I took advantage of the 1992 throwback discount to score a pair of $8 left field box seats in section 72 tonight. From that vantage point, we were treated to the J. J. Hardy Show. The Orioles shortstop went 4-for-5 with 3 runs scored, a double, a pair of home runs (numbers 20 and 21 on the season), and 5 RBI to secure a 9-2 win over the Rays. Chris Davis also went deep, which means that I've been on hand for 10 of his homers in 2012. As I intimated, not only did the O's give themselves some breathing room over Tampa Bay (now two games back), but they once again pulled even with the Yankees atop the A. L. East. As we were crossing the street, the crowd at Pickles Pub began to cheer and shout; Jacoby Ellsbury had just singled in the winning run for the lowly Red Sox in a 4-3 walkoff win over New York. I wanted to high-five everyone I saw. As my sister pointed out, we're all a little slap-happy. Something wonderful and weird is happening.

No comments: