Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Eddie Murray, 1997 Score Highlight Zone #18

I feel kind of silly posting an Eddie Murray card on Brooks Robinson's statue day, but I just want to keep a good thing going. The Orioles have 90 wins, a magic number of 3, and, for the first time since June, a positive run differential for the season. They also set a new team record for home runs at home last night, with Ryan Flaherty's game-breaking grand slam serving as an appropriate #122. If all goes well today and tomorrow, they could even clinch their first postseason berth in 15 years in front of the home crowd tomorrow. My only regret is that I won't be in attendance for tomorrow's regular season home finale, as I already had other plans. But I'll make up for it by being especially loud at Camden Yards during tonight's sold-out game. I'm looking forward to seeing Steve Johnson get another well-deserved start, as he tries to further upstage his old man by running his record to 5-0 on the season. This is my 17th O's game of 2012, and with a little luck I'll make it to 20 or more with a few October contests. That's just another number related to this year's Birds that I did not anticipate way back in April. I've been very fortunate.

No comments: