Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gregg Olson, 1991 Cracker Jack #22

I own a variety of "miniature" cards, which is to say that they measure less than the standard 2.5"x3.5'. But this card is the smallest of them all, clocking in at one-quarter the size of a regular card. Holding it (very carefully) in my hand makes me feel like a giant, the same way I felt last weekend while handling the tiny appetizer fork and spoon that were handed out with the hors d'oeuvres at a wedding reception. On another note, I'm more than ready to go into hibernation from weddings. There's one more on my calendar later this month, and it will be the sixth I've attended in the past sixth months. With the exception of yours truly, is there anybody else out there who could possibly still be unmarried?

Anyway, just to give you a better idea of the relative size of this bitty Gregg Olson card, I've scanned it along with the regular 1991 Topps card that it was based upon.

If only there were a jumbo version of this card, we could have an infinite regression effect.

2 comments:

Ryan H said...

I am still unmarried right now but as of next October 8th, I will be tied to the old ball and chain! 358 days to go. BTW, sorry for the delay in sending your package out. It's being mailed today!

Kevin said...

Ryan - Congrats and best of luck in your future marriage! No worries about the delay in mailing. The good things are worth the wait.