Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Alan Mills, 1993 Score Select #367

We're just a week away from Opening Day, which is also Opening Day for the fantasy baseball season. This means that I'll be getting back into the daily routine of checking and adjusting lineups, and forming fleeting attachments to players from other teams. I will live and die with their successes and failures, adding flavor to a Wednesday night Dodgers-Diamondbacks game that might otherwise serve as background noise. In other cases, I will hold my nose and strike up an uneasy alliance with a sworn enemy, as I've done in the past with the likes of Dustin Pedroia. This year's team has a healthy mix of players I genuinely like and a few guys from rival teams. Even the Yankees and Red Sox are guys that don't completely bug the hell out of me. Hopefully I can hold my own in what stacks up to be a fiercely competitive 12-team league full of Camden Chatters. So without further ado, I present The Alan Mills Project:

C Mike Napoli, Angels
1B Lance Berkman, Astros
2B Brian Roberts, Orioles
3B Kevin Youkilis, Red Sox
SS J. J. Hardy, Brewers
OF Grady Sizemore, Indians
OF Andre Ethier, Dodgers
OF Raul Ibanez, Phillies
UT James Loney, Dodgers

Bench: OF Delmon Young, Twins; 3B Kevin Kouzmanoff, Padres; C Yadier Molina, Cardinals.

SP Dan Haren, Diamondbacks
SP Jon Lester, Red Sox
SP Daisuke Matsuzaka, Red Sox
SP Matt Garza, Rays
SP Ubaldo Jimenez, Rockies
SP Mark Buehrle, White Sox
RP Mariano Rivera, Yankees
RP Heath Bell, Padres
RP Joey Devine, Athletics

No comments: