Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Eddie Murray, 2002 Topps Prestige Fall Memories #FM-EM


I don't have anything especially pressing on my mind today, so it's a chance for a little bit of "Oooh, looky what I got". This card came to me in a trade from John in the U.K., and it's so awesome that I just have to count the ways:

1. It's super-shiny.
2. It's serial-numbered on the back (297/425).
3. It's EDDIE!
4. Not only is it EDDIE, it's old-school Eddie, with the cartoon bird and orange wristbands and his afro surging forth from underneath his helmet.
5. It's a bat relic, just the second O's bat relic in my collection (there's a Brady Anderson that you might see some day) and the first Hall-of-Famer.

Do you know what I'd like to see in a relic card? A close-up photo of the batter with the bat cut out, and the actual bat relic set in the card in place of the photo bat. Somehow I think it would be more exciting and palpable if the piece of wood wasn't in some abstract round or square shape. Do you have any suggestions for changes that could be made to relics?

No comments: