Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, February 23, 2015

George Kell, 2001 Topps Archives #329

Back in 2008, when this blog was still a young pup, I posted the genuine article that this card replicates - George Kell's 1958 Topps card, #40. I still haven't gotten around to upgrading that well-worn artifact, which has Kell's position, team name, and the Orioles logo scratched out by hand. That same hand scrawled a proclamation that George was the Oklahoma City 89ers manager, though Baseball Reference begs to differ. In general, reprint cards don't do much for me, but in this case, I've got an interesting frame of reference for the battered, altered original card, so I guess that's worth something.

No comments: