Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Thursday, June 7, 2012

John Habyan, 1988 Fleer #562

It was only two years ago that I was so frustrated by the Orioles' latest fiasco in Fenway Park that I was fantasizing out loud about committing arson and public urination. Even last year, when the O's spoiled Boston's postseason plans, the boys in orange and black still dropped 6 of their 9 road games in the season series and were cumulatively outscored 72-48. So I don't care how unseemly it might be, I'm going to gloat over the Birds' current seven-game winning streak in the home of the Red Sox. The franchise hadn't won seven in a row in Boston since 1906, back when they were the St. Louis Browns and the games were being contested in the Huntington Avenue Baseball Grounds. Brian Matusz can help Baltimore set a new franchise record and cap a second consecutive three-game sweep in Fenway when he takes the mound later tonight. If I were a Sawx fan, my skin might crawl each time I heard a gloating Orioles fan snidely refer to my home ballpark as "Camden North". Just remember, Beantowners: paybacks are hell.

No comments: