Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, April 18, 2016

Mark Reynolds, 2012 Topps Allen and Ginter #271

The Orioles are enjoying the rarity of back-to-back days off, thanks to yesterday's rainout in Texas and today's travel day. I'm doing my best not to dwell on the team's three losses in their past four games (gulp), so I figured I'd check in on an old friend. When Mark Reynolds signed with the Rockies during the past offseason, my imagination ran wild. Finally the ultimate all-or-nothing hacker would be calling the thin air of Coors Field home. "The Sheriff" has started eight of Colorado's 12 games so far in 2016, so let's see how many homers he's bashed...

None?

Nope. Madison Bumgarner has a home run this year. Odubel Herrera has gone deep. Baltimore's newest darling Joey Rickard has touched 'em all. Something called Jeremy Hazelbaker has three homers, and yet Mark Reynolds is sans dingers. He's batted .250/.323/.357, with three doubles and three RBI. But he does have 10 strikeouts in 31 trips to the plate, so at least something is going according to plan.

No comments: