Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, January 12, 2015

Cal Ripken, Jr., 2014 Topps Fond Farewells #FF-CR

Fellow card blogger Thorzul is one of the real veterans of the scene, by which I mean that he's been doing this thing even longer than I have. I look forward to his "Trade Me Anything" series at the end of each year. In 2013 I missed out, but I had a few random goodies earmarked for Thorzul last month, so I staked my claim to this Cal Junior insert, a Chad Qualls black-bordered parallel (because I have a soft spot for journeyman relievers), and a few Dodgers parallels to be earmarked as trade bait. In return, I sent a few vintage Brewers, a new shiny Brewer, a plastic 1990s Brewer, Mad Libs, a schlocky horror movie, and some Christmas candy to Milwaukee. To see photographic documentation of both sides of the trade, head on over to Thorzul Will Rule.

No comments: