Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Oriole Bird, 2014 Topps Opening Day Mascots #M-3

It's good to know that the people I love truly understand me. My wife included a rack pack of 2014 Topps Heritage in my Easter basket, and my sister got me a pack of 2014 Topps Opening Day. The latter pack featured this marvelous Oriole Bird card. On the back his identifying feature is said to be his "giant orange beak". On the front, he appears to be calling out a member of the opposing team. If I had to guess, I'd say that he's challenging Dustin Pedroia to a fight. I think the Bird could take him easily.

2 comments:

Commishbob said...

Nice. The first card packs I ever received came in my Easter basket in 1960. I got the Albie Pearson card in those packs and was thrilled. I think about that every Easter.

Kevin said...

That's a neat story, Bob. It sounds like the Easter Bunny in your household had mighty good taste.