Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Friday, March 21, 2014

Vintage Fridays: Dave Duncan, 1976 Topps #49

Random thoughts about this card:

-The picture was clearly taken in Spring Training. Palm trees are wonderful, especially when there's a chance of MORE SNOW in the last week of March here in the Mid-Atlantic, but I'll be glad to see games that count in the standings. No more ties, split squad games, or lack of TV coverage.

-I kind of wish that Dave Duncan's head was tilted to the side, so that he was mimicking the Oriole Bird on his cap.

-I'm also picturing Matt Wieters with Duncan's floppy hairstyle. It's not a good look.

1 comment:

FreeTheBirds said...

Is it me or does he look like a young Buck Showalter?