Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Boog Powell, 2003 Fleer Tradition #68

Hey, would you like to see another piece of ephemera rescued from my grandmother's former basement apartment in my childhood home? If not, then why are you here, exactly?

There's a strong possibility that the photo above was taken on the same "photo day" as the Brooks Robinson and Jim Palmer snapshots that I showed off way back in 2009. I used carbon dating (or, ya know, uniform-based context clues) to determine that those pictures were taken in the 1971-1974 window of time. The presence of one John "Boog" Powell, though he looks awfully blurry and kind of disinterested, does nothing to disabuse me of that notion. Tomorrow I'll share another photo from this set that may help narrow down the date range further. Are you intrigued? Why do I ask so many rhetorical questions on this blog? Aw crap, that was another rhetorical question, wasn't it?

No comments: