Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, January 20, 2014

Adam Jones, 2012 Bowman Platinum #33

Next month, Spring Training will begin! Before it does, Orioles FanFest will happen! As is my wont, I purchased a voucher for one of the autograph sessions on February 1 at the Baltimore Convention Center. I'll be having the standard brief, awkward encounter with Adam Jones, Ryan Flaherty, and Steve Pearce...three men who are each younger than I am. That's just now dawning on me. Oh well. Now that I think to check, there is not one solitary member of the O's 40-man roster who is more than 31 years of age. I'm willing to bet that this hasn't happened in a while, and it certainly isn't a bad thing when it comes to the team's outlook. I think the Yankees' average age is 37. But it's hard for a guy not to feel old when he realizes that nobody he's rooting for was alive on the day he was born.

No comments: