Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Erik Bedard, 2007 Fleer Ultra #13

To all of my readers in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Greenland, Hong Kong, Nigeria, and of course Erik Bedard's homeland of Canada: may you have a peaceful a fulfilling Boxing Day. Now no one can ever accuse this blog of being provincial.

In related news, there is still a fair chance that this sore-armed, snarky prodigal son may return to Baltimore as a free agent signee for 2010. I like it, and think the potential reward outweighs the risk, especially with the starting rotation for next season looking more settled than it has in years. I also would enjoy the nasty little exclamation point it would put on the lopsided trade that sent Bedard to Seattle just two years ago. But it's unbecoming to gloat. I guess.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

We're Orioles fans, we don't have much to gloat about, but at least we have this

Field of Cards said...

I would LOVE to have Bedard back! I am a big fan. Yes he is fragile and seems to be mentally unable to push forward when he has any discomfort, but when he is healthy and happy, what a pleasure he is to watch. He would be such a cool addition to the Orioles staff.

As for your Boxing Day happiness wish to all, you just sunk my lengthy piece about your blog being provincial. I had statistics and secret photos of you shunning foreign flags. But now, nothing.

Kevin said...

Aaron - Point well taken. Though Seattle must be thanking their lucky stars for new GM Jack Z. That guy knows what he's doing.

Field of Cards - Keep at it, I'm bound to put my foot in my mouth sooner or later.