Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Fred Lynn, 1986 Topps Champion SuperStars #18

A year ago today, I started this blog with a card of Fred Lynn and a hope to continue updating once each day. So far, so good. A few times, technical difficulties caused me to pull double-duty the day after, but before this post, we stood at 366 posts for 366 days. I've shared autographed and relic cards as well as cards pulled from cereal boxes. There has been a weekly feature on vintage cards dating back to 1954, and several cards from 2008. I've talked about my meetings with some of the Oriole greats, and I've shared anecdotes about players that I read from articles and books. There have been embarrassing (and hopefully amusing) personal remembrances, and glimpses of games from years past. I launched my pet project, a website about the Orioles uniform numbers throughout history.

Most importantly, I discovered a dedicated readership. Without your comments, support, and suggestions, this blog would only be so much navel-gazing. Your cardboard contributions, both through generous donations and through trades, have greatly increased my collection and broadened the variety of cards I have to choose from when I put together my daily post. You guys and gals give me the extra push that I sometimes need to keep writing. Thanks for a great year, and here's to another one!

7 comments:

night owl said...

Congrats on a year. The pressure of posting once a day is daunting. I try to make sure I do it, but you have that objective in your BLOG TITLE. Nice work.

Commishbob said...

Hats off to a fun year of reading and reminiscing, Kevin. I've enjoyed the cards, comments and memories many of them provoked. Happy New Year!

dayf said...

Congrats, here's to 365 more cards!

Rounding Thirty 3rd said...

Congrats Kevin and keep up the great work! I try to read several of the Baseball card blogs you have highlighted in your suggestion list, but yours is always the first one I read!

deal said...

Congrats,

Your blog is one of the originals I began reading and remains one of my inspirations.

And may the Orioles have an improved 2009 season. They're fan base deserves a winner.

Spiff said...

Congratulations on one year of blogging about your team. I have enjoyed reading your posts and hope to do so for many more years.

Anonymous said...

Agree with Night Owl...your blog title = pressure! But Kevin, your posts are so well-written that it's a pleasure knowing you'll post one every day.