Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Rick Dempsey, 1987 Donruss #294

As I drove home in the pouring rain this evening, peering through the drops that pelted my windshield and braking as my car hydroplaned through the puddles that gathered in the road, I thought of Rick Dempsey making the most out of his rainy days; while other players and coaches paced around the dugout or the clubhouse like caged animals, eager to resume the game that had been halted, the Dipper would put on a show for the stubborn fans who likewise waited for the skies to clear, running across the rain-slicked tarp before doing a full headfirst slide, a mammoth belly-flop, soaking up the pooling water and making exaggerated swimming motions with his arms and legs, delighting in being the center of attention.

No comments: