Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Monday, January 13, 2014

Curt Schilling, 1991 Upper Deck #528

Curt Schilling is one of just 11 players in major league history to be born in Alaska - Anchorage, to be specific. This strikes me as relevant, because my better half has convinced me to join her in this year's Maryland State Police Polar Bear Plunge. The Plunge takes place on Saturday, January 25, with scores of goobers like myself jumping into the almost-certainly frigid Chesapeake Bay to raise money for the Special Olympics. This is the 18th consecutive year for the Plunge, and it's the first time that I'll be doing it. If you would like to help ensure that my foolhardiness is not in vain, I am collecting donations over the next two weeks. Five dollars would be a big help...hell, I wouldn't turn down a buck. You can practice your philanthropy here. Thank you kindly!

3 comments:

Oriole Paul said...

I contributed $30.30 for my favorite Oriole, Gregg Olson. If you do it in either an Oriole OR bright orange speedo, I'll contribute another 50. Photo proof will, unfortunately, be necessary.

Kevin said...

Thanks, Paul! Since there may be children present at the Plunge, I may sadly have to forgo the additional $50 pledge. Society's loss, I suppose.

Zach said...

^ Like Kevin, I'm fine with this not occurring.