Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Brooks Robinson, 2003 Fleer Flair Greats #17

For a change of pace, I decided to reach into a box of cards and select tonight's subject at random. First I came up with Kris Foster's 2003 Donruss Team Heroes card, but I'd already used that one back in 2010. I put it back and pulled out this gem. I rather like the elegant, simple design, with the tiny foil-outlined Oriole Bird in the bottom left corner. Adding to the charm is one of the most awkward action photos of Brooks Robinson that I've seen. It looks like he's in mid-throw, mouth hanging agape, right hand curiously chopped off, and stirrups drooping comically. I was looking for random, and I found it.

No comments: