Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Friday, May 10, 2013

Vintage Fridays: Luis Aparicio, 1965 Topps #410

Today I posted the final card on my Great 1965 Topps Project blog. It's incredibly satisfying to officially close the book on my most ambitious undertaking to date as a collector. The 1965 Topps blog predated my Orioles card blog by a couple of months, and it took me a shade under five years to complete this classic 598-card set. It took another nine months to complete posting those cards to the blog, but that's neither here nor there. If you've never checked it out, or haven't been there for a while, go read up on all of the most prominent players of the 1960s, from Luis Aparicio (complete with Star-Spangled Banner Sesquicentennial sleeve patch) to Willie Mays, from Sandy Koufax to Warren Spahn, and then some. At the risk of repeating myself, I'm forever in awe of the kindness and generosity of my fellow collectors. Most of you have never met me face to face, and yet you reached out to me and went out of your way and helped me complete a vintage set that is nearly 50 years old and chock-full of Hall of Famers. My next task is a bit less grandiose: I'll be blogging the entire 1993 Topps set. I'm hoping to launch that project in the next week or so; stay tuned!

4 comments:

unclemoe said...

Nice Lil Luis.

Commishbob said...

Congrats on getting all the '65s posted. I've really enjoyed the ride.

Zach said...

I just bought the 1993 Topps factory set. That was the first set I remember opening packs from, and I think it might be my all-time favorite baseball set. With rack packs available then for less than $2, great photography, and few gimmicks, it's probably one of the last pure baseball sets ever made. I guess you can assume I'll be reading your new blog.

shoeboxlegends said...

Congrats on finishing off '65 Topps, that's quite an accomplishment. Looking forward to the next blog for sure.