Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Friday, May 24, 2013

Vintage Fridays: Jim Palmer, 1976 Topps #202

Jim Palmer was such a showoff in these 1970s Topps sets. "Ooh, look at me, I have the lowest ERA! Whaddaya know, I had the most wins last year! Huh!" You will note that the first and second runners-up to 'Cakes for the 1975 American League ERA title both eventually joined him in Cooperstown. Of course, you probably know Jim Hunter as "Catfish". Hunter was from Hertford, North Carolina, which is...not terribly close to Charlotte. It's so far north it's practically in Virginia, actually. What am I rambling about? I'm getting ready to leave for a last-minute holiday trip to Charlotte with Janet to visit her folks. So the blog will be going dark until Tuesday. Until then, enjoy this hunky triumvirate of Hall of Fame pitchers!

No comments: