Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Kiko Garcia, 1981 Donruss #514

In 1979, Kiko Garcia committed 27 errors at shortstop and second base for the Orioles. That's the most miscues in one season by an Oriole since 1961, when Ron Hansen booted 31 balls. The team's all-time record is 34, by shortstop Willy Miranda in 1955. I guess that's my way of saying that everyone makes mistakes. I made an error in judgment by waiting until late last night to write a blog post. When I finally got around to it, I discovered that my Internet connection was not functioning properly. Everything is up and running now (obviously), so this is the first of two entries today. I'd like to say that you live and learn, but as you can see, I'm at the keyboard pretty late again tonight. Whoops!

2 comments:

Dave said...

How can you not love a guy with a name like Kiko? ;)

Kevin said...

Dave - Can't go wrong with Kiko.