Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Friday, May 23, 2014

Vintage Fridays: Davey Johnson, 1969 Orioles Postcards

This big (5.5"x3.5"), full-color postcard photo of Davey Johnson came to me a few weeks back from reader and fellow collector Randy. I'm not certain that it's from 1969, but that's my best guess because Davey is wearing the sleeveless home jersey that the Orioles donned occasionally during the 1968 and 1969 seasons. I love getting a rare look at one of the less-common uniforms in team history, and I always welcome oddball vintage items into my collection. It could also be a trick of perspective, but I'm pretty sure Johnson's eye black is lopsided. Didn't he use a mirror?

2 comments:

Commishbob said...

As one who collected Oriole postcards for years I've gotta tell you I'm really jealous. Those '69s are great cards and I don't see many. Great item!

Kevin said...

Thanks, Bob!