Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Billy Ripken, 1992 Topps Gold Winner #752

"Winner*", this card declares. I certainly don't feel like a winner tonight. I've been forced to stay home from work for nine days and counting by the government shutdown, assured that I'll receive back pay as soon as I return to work...with no return to work in sight. And now I've come down with a wicked cold, so anything productive that I could be doing with this unplanned time off takes a back seat to lying around on the couch in a wheezy, congested torpor. It's not been a great week. Billy Ripken, why have you forsaken me?

1 comment:

GCA said...

It just means you've won the opportunity to lay home and watch Billy Rip on the MLB Network 24-7