Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Jim Johnson, 2013 Panini Prizm #77

Tonight I said my personal goodbye to Oriole Park at Camden Yards and I was able to leave smiling, thanks to a 6-5 comeback win that featured Brian Roberts' eighth home run in his 76th game, each of those his highest totals since 2009. Steve Pearce had a pair of doubles and three RBI, including the go-ahead hit in the bottom of the eighth. Young Kevin Gausman earned his third career win with some crucial outs in relief, and Jim Johnson earned his 49th save of the 2013 season by freezing Johnny Gomes with a 3-2 pitch to strand Quintin Berry on second base. The O's clinched their second straight season series win over Boston, the first time they've done the trick back-to-back since 1991-1992. Thanks for everything, guys. I'll see you in April.

No comments: