Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Brian Matusz, 2011 Bowman #28

Earlier today, I enjoyed one of the perks of being a partial season ticket holder with the Orioles. At 12:45 this afternoon, the team held autograph sessions throughout the ballpark before a 1:30 Q & A with Buck Showalter and Dan Duquette. I chose the autograph station outside of Section 85: Taylor Teagarden, Brian Matusz, and Chris Davis. I'll hold off on showing the Davis card for now, since he's hopefully got a lot of headlines left to make in 2013. Here's the card that Matusz signed for me; I'm sure he'd rather be starting than working out of the bullpen, but he's made the most of his role. He's allowed only 3 of 32 inherited runners to score this year, and has given up 29 hits in 36 innings. As for that signature, we can cut him a little slack; I was near the end of the line, and they were hurrying to ensure that everyone got through.

No comments: