Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Brian Roberts, 2002 Upper Deck MVP #64

As I've mentioned before, my father shares a birthday with Brian Roberts, who remains a favorite player of mine despite his ongoing maladies and misadventures. As Brian enters his mid-30s and faces the looming expiration of his current four-year contract with the Orioles, a lot of people are wondering if he will see the writing on the wall and retire. My dad, who is Roberts' senior by 23 years, just retired on his own terms after four-plus decades of hard work, which includes the ten years he just put in as a teacher in Baltimore County Public Schools. On his first Father's Day as a free man, I'd like to wish my dad many years of leisure to come.

1 comment:

Commishbob said...

Congrats to your Dad for getting out of the teaching rat race. As an eligible retire I'm taking it, as they say, one year at a time.