Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Jim Palmer, 2010 Topps National Chicle #211

I've been up since 6:30 this morning. I spent four total hours on the road, and another seven on my feet rifling through dime and quarter boxes in a convention center. I spent all but 65 cents of the money that I brought with me to the Philadelphia Sports Card and Memorabilia Show. I'm exhausted, my back is sore, and I have several hundred baseball cards to organize.

But I don't regret a bit of it, and since I'm sharing this Jim Palmer portrait, in which artist Brett Farr has lovingly rendered the Hall of Famer's chest hair, neither should you. Show and tell coming soon - cards, not chest hair.

2 comments:

Matt Runyon said...

Cakes has some hairs out of place. He was probably my second favorite pitcher in the 70s (Tom Seaver was my favorite).

Kevin said...

When Cakes' hairs are out of place, you can be sure that he planned it that way. Just ask him.