Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Friday, May 27, 2016

Vintage Fridays: Pat Dobson, 1971 Topps #547

Here we see a barely-conscious Pat Dobson proudly wearing the uniform of a team that is TOTALLY NOT the San Diego Padres. I mean, just look at his logo-less black cap with its orange-like brim! I'm sold. I also appreciate the scuffing in the bottom right corner that gives the appearance of a camera flash. No wonder Pat can't keep his eyes open.

3 comments:

Zach said...

"You woke me up early for this? The sun hasn't even risen above the palm trees yet."

Jim from Downingtown said...

It's a Tigers uniform. The Padres didn't have that piping around the neck.

GCA said...

Topps' early attempt at the smoke effect.

No Pat, not that kind of smoke....