Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Tom Niedenfuer, 1989 Fleer #613

The black puffy Orioles pullover with elastic black-and-orange cuffs and waistband is...not the best piece of team apparel I've ever seen. Tom Niedenfuer is modeling it with an uneasy sort of grimace that brings to mind someone who's faking enthusiasm for a tacky Christmas gift.

Speaking of which, I just returned from a last-Saturday-before-Christmas shopping excursion. A few last-minute gifts for family, some foodstuffs for holiday parties, and some liquid reserves for myself. Sweet merciful crap, I hope I don't have to go anywhere near a retail establishment in the coming week. There's a lot of people out there, though I am happy to report that I didn't see any vehicular collisions or fistfights. If you've still got some presents or grub to buy, please be safe. And stay away from the puffy pullovers with elastic.

No comments: