Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ken Singleton, 1984 Donruss #610

I don't like to repost cards that I've already featured, but the first time that I posted Ken Singleton's 1984 Donruss card, it wasn't autographed. This is a new-to-me copy of the card, courtesy of longtime reader and occasional trade partner Alan Diddle. Back in January, we arranged a swap: this Mike Devereaux card for ol' Singy here. I'm happy to add another O's autograph to my somewhat-leisurely collection. I don't put a lot of effort into gathering signed cards, but when the opportunity arises, why not? If someone is making a public appearance, or I get a trade offer, or (and this has happened exactly once) I pull one from a pack, I'll welcome that John Hancock Special into the fold. At present, I've got 32 O's autographs on cardboard, which is more than I would have guessed! Imagine how many more I'd have if I were trying hard. But there are only so many hours in the day, you know? Anyhow, thanks, Alan!

No comments: