Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Mike Young, 1988 Topps #11

I made it back from my post-Christmas trip to Charlotte, just like I promised! I'm just in time to mark the fifth anniversary of this silly little blog. On New Year's Day back in 2008, I posted Fred Lynn's card from the 1988 Topps set. Here we are in 2013, and it's now been 25 years since that set was released. Cards that I held in my hand as a child are a quarter-century old. As I try to process that, Mike Young looks up from his resting place behind the batting cage and gives me a sideways glance, as if to say, "Hey, time passes. Deal with it. I hit 28 home runs in 1985. By 1990, I was out of baseball." Mike does not look like the sort of dude I'd want to mess with, so I'll be moving along. Happy New Year, folks.

1 comment:

GCA said...

Funny how that works. On New Year's Day I was putting cards away and pulled out my 88's in anticipation of both a wax box and cello box of '88s that are coming from a friend. I also remembered I have a four row box of nothing but Orioles and pulled the entire '88 team set out of that too.