Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Brian Roberts, 2008 Upper Deck SP Authentic #83

I've never considered myself a very superstitious sports fan, but here I am three days from the Super Bowl in desperate need of a haircut and a trim of the ol' beard. I like to keep my hair short enough that I don't have to dry/style/otherwise fuss with it, and I generally trend away from the bushy Grizzly Adams look. But once the NFL playoffs began, I got it in my head that as soon as my Ravens bowed out of the postseason I would clean it all up. Lo and behold, the "other" Birds plowed through the Colts and the highly-favored Broncos and Patriots to earn their second-ever trip to the Super Bowl. I think I look a bit silly now (though still not as silly as shaggy-haired Brian Roberts up there), but I'm not about to change things up at this late date. Viva the playoff beard!

No comments: