Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Brian Roberts, 2008 Upper Deck Goudey #17

After a false start last year, I was finally able to meet Brian Roberts and get his autograph at yesterday's jam-packed Orioles FanFest event. It was worth the wait to get my favorite player's signature, especially since the injury-prone second baseman appeared to be healthy and in good spirits. He was also the most polite of the four players I met, making eye contact and thanking me for coming. I considered asking him to sign directly on top of Derek Jeter's face, but I decided to take the high road. Hopefully that sort of good karma will translate into a full and productive season for B-Rob.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well there is good karma in baltimore sports at the moment

Kevin said...

Anon - I'll say. Feeling pretty good about the upcoming Super Bowl!