Orioles Card "O" the Day

An intersection of two of my passions: baseball cards and the Baltimore Orioles. Updated daily?

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Leo Gomez, 1993 Leaf #155

Today just d-r-a-g-g-e-d. It was 27 degrees when I sat my frozen tuchus behind the wheel of my car this morning, just so I could drive to work at my half-empty office. One of my contact lenses must have had some extra dirt or debris on it, because my right eye was bothering me all day, but I never did succeed in dislodging the offending particle. (Update: I was wearing the lens inside-out. That'll do it.) It wasn't a bad day, it wasn't a good day, it was just there, and it stayed there well past the sell-by date. I need something to snap me out of these winter doldrums...

...A Leo Gomez card should do the trick! Hey, stop laughing and look at Leo's ass. Whoops, I mean his back left pocket. It looks like he's got a glove tucked in there. However, he's wearing his batting gloves. So what's the extra glove for? Baserunning only? I mean, it takes the right kind of gear to go 4-for-14 on attempted steals for your career.

Jokes about Leo Gomez's rear end don't do it for you? I'm just trying to make something out of a dull situation.

3 comments:

night owl said...

This time of year always bothers me. Everyone at work goes on vacation, leaving 2 people in the office to deal with the 59 high school basketball tournaments that are still going on even though everyone else in the world is on vacation. Basketball players! Try going on vacation, too!

Oops, sorry, was that a rant?

GCA said...

At first glance, it looked more like he was taking some unpackaged sardines to pass the time on the basepaths...

Kevin said...

night owl - Rant away! 'Tis the season.

GCA - Haha, that's a creative spin on it!